AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When your JD 4430 synchro is torn apart, is there anything that is easily missed?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 10/16/2021 09:32 (#9271752 - in reply to #9271658)
Subject: RE: When your JD 4430 synchro is torn apart, is there anything that is easily missed?

You guys are awesome, thanks.

If you care to watch a video of me rambling in an extremely ignorant fashion about the parts they have removed from the tractor, here it is:

https://youtu.be/whB0GXsvm6g 

About 3 min in you can see the top shaft. Again, please excuse my extreme ignorance, haha.

About 4:15  in I am concerned about the heat marks and what I thought was wear on the bottom shaft. Turns out that is nothing and is just a place where something rides if it were a quad range. That consumes until about 8 min into the video so you can skip through if you like.

The tech talking in the video is not the manager and is not overseeing it. He lacks in depth knowledge and doesn’t have it memorized but in my other conversations with him I do think he is taking it seriously and is likely going to get it back together correctly with the help of others in the shop.

They are relaxing the drive shaft for the lube pump so I’m guessing that the pump is damaged like you say. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)