AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Discussion on why we are fat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

bnt83
Posted 2/17/2020 14:34 (#8047841 - in reply to #8047559)
Subject: RE: Discussion on why we are fat

Calories & in/out is OWT, I don't believe calories is a great measure of anything anymore.

The only way your body will burn the fat stored on it is if your body goes into Ketosis, ITS the ONLY way body fat can be turned into fuel. Think about it, excess sugar intake is turned into fat, but you cannot turn fat back into sugar, it turns it into ketones when being used for energy.

The problem is almost everyone's regular diet basically prevents ketosis from occurring, via eating simple and complex sugars (carbohydrates). Since everyone is "adapted" to this as soon as your carbohydrates start running low (low blood sugar) you get hungry and eat more, doesn't matter if your 100 pounds or 500 pounds. Until the body gets off the sugar high and starts burning fat no real weight loss is gonna happen.

I'm disabled and semi wheelchair bound and just lost 30 pounds doing nothing but getting off carbs. No bread, no candy, very minimal pasta, no potatoes, and some light fasting.

Shake & Bake meats and some beef jerky is about all the carbs I'll eat.

I used to b able to eat two boneless porkchops, a can of green beans, half a family-sized bag of Doritos and two or three beers on top of that. I have no desire to eat those carbs at all anymore.

The last time I was light on the scale (read 171.4 this morning) I was riding a stationary bicycle about 30 minutes a day at the age of 28!

Edited by bnt83 2/17/2020 14:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)