AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can't keep help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jfreed
Posted 6/18/2018 19:27 (#6820126 - in reply to #6818875)
Subject: RE: Can't keep help

South West Michigan

1066smoker - 6/18/2018 04:52 Here's how I see it, and I'm an employee for someone like you. I work 5 days a week, every Saturday when we are busy, and never a Sunday. I get paid extremely well, 3wks vacation and some small perks. But no retirement package or health benefits what so ever. I am a one man show that farms 1100-1200ac. Occasionally my bosses will want me to work more and I refuse. I then get the well so and so worked Sunday, why don't we? I always respond with they are owners. Owners work when they choose and don't when they don't want to. It rains for days they take days off. I don't get that option. Yes I get burnt out and yes I can get real crappy sometimes. I'm only there because I love farming and I don't have enough acres or cows for my self yet. I guess what I am saying is, put yourself in the employees shoes for a few minutes, you just might say I need to change a few things. Maybe more schedule flexibility? I know that would help me a lot.

Can you please elaborate?? You work for a guy that farms 1150 acres,or that's what you farm on the side?? If it's the latter and you still need his income?? Just asking.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)