AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New house
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ECIAfarmer
Posted 8/16/2016 10:04 (#5472039 - in reply to #5470972)
Subject: RE: New house

East Central Ia, S. Waterloo
I know it's been said before but the extra outlets are especially handy in the bathroom by the sinks, think curling iron, hair dryer and I don't know what else the wife uses in there but she's always unplugging my electric razer and beard trimmer.
My concrete contractor put extra perf drain tile down the inside corners of the foundation wall to the outside drain tile he pointed out that they by nature get extra water accumulating.
We put switched outlets above the kitchen cabinets for stringing Christmas lights/ accent lighting.
Wife likes the recessed lights in the kitchen, wishes we'd have put some in the living/ dining area.
Conduit from attic to basement, we put an antenna in the attic and routed the cable down there.
If you have the small area under your front/rear entry consider a door into it for a safe room.
We have a walk in shower we could have made bigger and been able to find a sliding door for easier. We didn't realize a 48" door isn't so standard till after the fact, it's a getting in/out thing.
Don't forget patience and understanding putting up a new house can be stressful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)