AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking of building a house...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jackrabbit
Posted 12/9/2015 22:05 (#4950114 - in reply to #4948999)
Subject: RE: Thinking of building a house...

East Central SD
On a 2000 sq ft house with a finished basement you wouldn't get any extras for $300,000. So much comes into play. Quality of doors and windows, kitchen cabinets and countertops, bathrooms, insulation, hvac. A lot of it depends on when you want to spend the money. Good insulation and geothermal is expensive upfront but will have a very good return on investment. The biggest problem is knowing when to quit. You are probably only going to do this once so that will always be in the back of your mind. It's pretty easy to talk yourself into better windows or a nicer kitchen. Do you want hollow doors or solid wood? Just one of the million questions you have to answer. Do you really want to live in a starter home the rest of your life? I am fairly confident if you want to live in a quality home with some nice features but not extravagant you will be around $400,000. Both myself and my neighbor built a couple of years ago and came in right around that level. They probably have a little more space but maybe a little less quality than we have. I certainly don't think I would start out with a $300,000 budget if I were you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)