AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I now sympathize with parents of "difficult" children
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 11/16/2015 09:55 (#4899283 - in reply to #4899129)
Subject: RE: I now sympathize with parents of "difficult" children

NW Iowa
Rooster, I agree with you. Beating a child into submission not only is barbaric, but later on the child will seek negative attention. Beating a child is an old way of discipline used before modern studies of behavior came up with more understanding of why a certain children act the way they do. I commend you for being able to control your physical emotions during your trying times. I haven't read all of the responses but some of the responders mentioned diet. A couple of parents I know have tried a gluten free diet for their children with ADHD. They claim it helps calm the child. I am not saying your child has ADHD, by your description of behavior it doesn't sound like ADHD. I don't pick up on attention deficiency or hyperactivity from your behavior description. I'm just throwing it out. My wife has Celiac disease and I am gluten intolerant so gluten is high on our alert list when it comes to diet. My wife has a false front tooth caused from losing a tooth while restraining an out of control child at the day care she worked at. The child threw his head back into her mouth. It is not fun.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)