AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I now sympathize with parents of "difficult" children
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

00rooster
Posted 11/15/2015 16:35 (#4897881 - in reply to #4897784)
Subject: RE: I now sympathize with parents of "difficult" children

Haoleguy - 11/15/2015 14:32

In general try to not sweat the small stuff and only pay attention to the significant growing lessons. With that said I put potty training in the don't sweat it category as they will transition when their ready. It's fine to try different ideas to promote the transition but from experience with my kids and grandkids they all have a different idea on when that will be.

I agree, it isn't the potty training that is the problem, its the behavior.

I've told my wife some of the same things. I was difficult to potty train too and I turned out all right. I would go and hide instead of going to the potty, but my mom caught on to my habits and if I disappeared and got quiet she knew my hiding spots and would make me go. He does the same things, but when you find him and ask him to go he goes nuts and gets defiant. It turns into a 15 minute fight and he's sat on the potty chair for up to an hour before without going.

The potty training is where its getting expressed right now. There were other things previous to the potty training. When he was younger it was about naptime. He was never a good napper. Even in infancy he was up most all day, but slept through the night from and early age. After daily fights over nap-time we just stopped trying to push it, and now he ASKS to go to bed by 8:30 and sleeps all night. Sometimes you gotta pick your fights and it just seemed silly to push nap-time when he'd never really been a napper even as a baby. Crazy...younger brother is exact opposite. Likes his afternoon nap, but is a night owl and still doesn't sleep all night.

For all the trouble with potty training.....can you believe this kid has NEVER wet his bed? NEVER So he has some incredible bladder control, but for God's sakes his life would be pretty awesome right now if he'd just do this. LOL
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)