AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John - inflation/deflation - probably one after the other
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/30/2015 14:14 (#4350048 - in reply to #4349312)
Subject: RE: John - inflation/deflation - probably one after the other

Pittsburg, Kansas

cfdr go to this interview and start at 15:00

Armstrong:   "And that is why the system will collapse".  Armstrong interview

Completely agree with him. There are two ways that the system can collapse. 1. quit paying on the debts and default or 2. print enough money to pay the bills till confidence is lost in the currency.

Both end in collapse. Both are brought about by unsustainable debt. Both leave the economy in a deflationary collapse. 1. is by outright default. 2. is by hyperinflation, which is simply a term that is often confused with regular inflation but in reality (that not one in 10,000 understand) is a collapse in confidence where people are no longer willing to hold the currency (they treat it like a hot potato and try to spend it before it looses more value)

Martin says empires collapse is a deflationary process. I fully agree. Most people do not understand hyperinflation is a deflationary process. The only thing that is inflating is prices because the currency is collapsing because of loss of confidence. Martin explains all of this. He will simply not use the word hyperinflation.

Ok, it it suits you better we will have a deflationary collapse. But prices may go down, or they may go sky high because eventually people will loose confidence in the government and the currency. Did not use the word hyperinflation in that statement once. Neither does Armstrong, but he says the exact same thing, numerous times in numerous places.

Maybe we just need to quit using the word hyperinflation. Because not one in 10,000 understand its meaning or how it comes about. No matter how many times it is explained. I've run out of different ways to explain this. I give up.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)