AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John - inflation/deflation - probably one after the other
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 1/30/2015 13:43 (#4349978 - in reply to #4349947)
Subject: RE: John - inflation/deflation - probably one after the other

Napanee, Ontario
I think you are right about the timeline - this would be easier discussing at an open table setting over some beers, Probably more fun too ;)

I have indeed been expecting a collapse of the USD, perhaps soon - I'm not sure even myself what timeline that is on, and do not pretend to be that good. So I would never go so far as to say imminent... but I don't see continuation measured in decades of the current policies from central planners.

Also, I've always prefaced and USD destruction as a condition of the collapse of its counterpart currencies. - ie, an implosion of currency in general. I've always agreed with Von's "best looking girl in the Leper Colony" description. But it is just easier to talk about the USD as that is where I spend the most time reading, investigating, policy disclosures. In my view, a collapse of the USD is requires the necessary condition of in kind collapses of the Euro and Yen and other major currencies first. And in fact, I wrote even yesterday that IMO, the appreciation of the USD is a result of the erosion of the YEN and the Euro.

"THE USD is the other side of the Titanic that everyone is clamoring to get high ground on. Before it sank, the Titanic went vertical and raised high into the sky... then it was lights out in short order thereafter. This rally we are seeing, and shift in tectonic plates of currency value to the USD - I believe will be a defining moment in history. It is the swan song of the current fiat based monetary system. Another 1.2 trillion from the ECB..., when does this end? what's the exit plan here? There is none."

So yes, "soon" ...but Like John, don't ask me what that means LOL.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)