AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you manage potassium?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bad farmer
Posted 11/27/2014 07:58 (#4204345 - in reply to #4203824)
Subject: RE: How do you manage potassium?

no welfare payments on this farm!!!!!!!!
so can you tell me that when a 10 cec soil that is pattern tiled on 40 ft grids 40 inches deep has50k gal of hog manure applied to it that all of that manure is absorbed by the soil and none of it makes it directly to the tile? if i thought all the nutrients were staying in the soil, then i wouldnt be building tools for removing this out of the water, then also if your information is correct then please explain why i am pulling out almost 22 times the amount of p as you are stating. yes i am going against what i preech and building equipment to fix the problem instead of making a solution fo rthe problem, but im not causing the problem and im ready to just make money fixing it. I am not the guy who reads for answers i go out and find them. yes to make my equipment work good, i go to hog capital of the world with lots of rainfall like this last spring.

do i have ground that is tiled, yes i have two tile lines which i put in to keep a high pressure gas line from floating and eventually breaking. yes these two lines are being removed thanks to your lovely epa, and yes the high pressure gas line will break, but i am convinced the epa is more interested in punishing for disasters then preventing them, but hey that is their job thanks to the law makers of the country.

am i saying tile is a bad thing, no, i wll still go back to the p is not the prob, nor is the tile, its the soils inability to hold p and then to help expand on your soil loss theory, i will argue that only farming the top 4 inches of the soil is also the problem. lets take for example the zone farmer or fertilizer index, or striptill farmer, not sure what they are called, but lets go out and place all 30 inches of the fertilizer in 2 inches of the soil. lets also place all this fertilizer in hte only 2 inches of the soil that is worked in the 30 inches, then my question is where do you think the most erosive 2 inches of soil will be in that 30 inches? I watch alot of nh4 rigs running right now putting on both n and p, next spring when i watch the heavy rains erode those farms, i see little mini ditches from water running down the 2 inch worked ground, and it doesnt take long to figure out what the concentration of p and n is in that erodied soil. this is one reason why i do not like zoning fertilizer of any kind. I can go on and on about what things could be wrong, but when it comes down to it the farmer is not intentionally doing harm to the enviroment, and is trying his best management practice to control erosion in most cases. yes the bad farmers make all other good farmers look bad but most are trying the best tehy can to do right. there is many many ways to fertilize, and grow crops and letting the farmer figure out the best way is the key, if i set here in nebraska/iowa and try and say we shouldnt do this or that, and it should all be done my way, then i am stopping tot he level of the usda. the key to answering the problem with p in the waters of the usa is not in telling farmers to limit the p they use but teaching them to figure out the soil themselve. this means making the farmer solve the problem himself and not telling him what to do, just simply tell him what cant happen. when you enforce the rule that cant be broke, then every farmer is going to use his resources to figure out the problem himself, guess what then we have 80 million inependent minds thinking of a solution, instead the usda/gov, goes out and tells the farmer they have the answer (i shoud say wrong idiot answer) and the usda way is the only way. why would i listen to the usda/gov when they have a proven record for failure. dont let, make the farmer solve the problem himself.

i have to apologise for not making it to any of your field days, others say you are raising good crops and doing a good job, I will not put down anything you do, but i will ask you are you sure your doing a good job, is the refractometer backing up what your saying. is the food your raising curing people of cancer? are you growing crops without weeds of anykind? just because your doing a good job when comparing to some others does not mean you can raise your goals to the next level beyond production to plant health, to eventually plants that cure people. laugh if you want, but that is my goal, yes a apple a day keeps the doctor away, i want to raise a apple that replaces the doctor. can it be done and will it be done by me, i dont know, but i will continue to try and in trying i follow what works, what the cow tells me, what the weeds tell me, and what the refractometer tells me and that is more p and less k. simple, fact, and yes it goes against teh grain but following the grain is what go this country's healthcare to the level which it is. if you want more answers, your going to have to make a trip to iowa or nebraska next summer in two years. untill then please dont discount it till you have tried it, i have tried lowp and high p and i have the right to discount low p. last thing, please be sure to use true colliodal p to build your p level in your plot, acid based p will do nothing but multipli the problem.

I said alot of info onthis post and some might have offended certian people, which i aplogise for, i am entitled to my opinion and share my thoughts, I am sorry if they discount your operation as i am not intentionally causing harm to any farmer. good luckand happy thanksgiving to all, go out and eat alot of food and be thanksful you got it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)