AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organic/non-gmo farming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 2/9/2014 15:20 (#3676277 - in reply to #3676249)
Subject: RE: Because they feel threatened.

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
You are missing the point. I, myself, would not want to border an organic farm that tests for residue. You can't tell me that you'd feel comfortable, as a conventional farmer, either. So we both know, that in the right circumstances, a very small amount of drift (that we view as reasonable and part of agriculture) leaves our farms and could very well (in different circumstances) be considered pollution.

I wouldn't consider it such, and you wouldn't either, but lets not fool ourselves.

I love west coast sterotypes. We have so many ridiculous groups to choose from, I mean, it is like shooting fish in a barrel. And a lot of fun, because as crazy as most of them are, it is still even true.

But you didn't understand my comment about the picture perfect farms, hell, I'm jealous of them. You all have no idea how good you have it. You don't even have to worry about the cheatgrass on the neighboring BLM catching on fire and burning you out... ;) So to me, the complaining about a little bit of weed seed I see commonly used as an argument against organic farming here is foolish. To me, with the US government as a neighbor that is not even a concern. Your going to spray for weeds anyway.

I'm not Midwest bashing when I made that comparison however. You can't expect any one or few individuals to speak for a whole segment of our population. Be it hippies, Midwest farmers, or flaming homosexuals from the west coast. The organic groups mentioned that are so important? I've never even heard of them, so I doubt they are representative nationwide of commercial organic producers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)