AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organic/non-gmo farming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 2/9/2014 13:05 (#3675899 - in reply to #3675878)
Subject: RE: Because they feel threatened.

rupert - 2/9/2014 09:54  The problem is alot of these die hard organic want all production switched to organic. Vacationed to colorado last summer and got to speak to a bunch of hippies. Talk about eye opening. They dont have a clue how ag works. They are very passionate and vocal about it and want laws enacted.

I dont know where you come up with that one? Perhaps you have fell victim to bad information. I know of no organic producers that want their market flooded and margins reduced. They do however, want the ability to grow certified organic products without pollution from other properties. That is not an unrealistic thing to wish for. May be unrealistic to expect it to happen, but not to wish for.

You might be surprised how educated those hippies are in agriculture. You may not agree with them and that makes it appear they are clueless, but in reality, they simply do not agree with your ideals of how agriculture should be. In their minds you may be the clueless one. ? IMO.

Not meant to be mean to you rupert or anything. Just my point of view which I am 100% entitled to as anyone else.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)