AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organic/non-gmo farming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Orfarmer
Posted 2/8/2014 17:17 (#3673917 - in reply to #3673345)
Subject: RE: Organic/non-gmo farming

Roanoke, IN

bell588 - 2/8/2014 13:35

"If by participating in the non gmo/organic markets are we projecting the image that we believe there is something wrong with gmo/ non organic cropping practices in the eyes of the non farm public".

I would say you are, but define wrong.  Is wrong eating transgenic food?  Is wrong using skull & cross-bone chemicals?  Is wrong using "safer" chemicals?  Is wrong not earning enough from the crops you grow?  Whatever you do carries your endorsement.  Its the old "actions speak louder than words". 

Why do you buy the brand of seed you do?  Why do you buy fertilizer from x?  Do you honestly do something because you think it is second best?  It doesn't matter what your reasons are, we are all looking out for our own best interests. It's what makes free markets work.

When attending cover crop or other such meetings I get a kick out of the guys that talk big about how they "really believe in this stuff" but then go home and do the same old same old.  We each need to do what's best for our farm, and do it to the best of our ability.  I can't tell you what that is, and you can't tell me what that is.  We get in trouble when we "farm" out that responsibility to our seed, fertilizer, chemical, machinery, or any other salesmen that pulls up in our drive.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)