AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Organic/non-gmo farming
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

rupert
Posted 2/9/2014 12:54 (#3675878 - in reply to #3675738)
Subject: RE: Because they feel threatened.

IA
Ben D, N CA - 2/9/2014 10:59

Old Pokey - 2/9/2014 03:32
I find my local grocery stores to have an ever expanding organic and healthy living section. That's what they call it, not my doing.

And it will continue to expand. People can hide their heads in the sand if they wish, but organic is not going away. My favorite is when they claim "we'd all starve if everyone switched to organic". Please. What a ridiculous argument. Who said we were switching all production to organic? But the niche market for organic really isn't a niche anymore, it is growing by leaps and bounds. Tells me that, regardless of whether or not it is factual, that people are concerned about what is in their food. You can't blame them either. Look at the ingredients on a bag of Dorito's. I can't pronounce everything on that list. My wife buys All-Natural chips a lot of the time. I know it is a marketing scam, but I can also read and identify everything on the list. That is worth the extra $0.05 my little pile of chips I eat with my sandwich costs me.

The problem is alot of these die hard organic want all production switched to organic. Vacationed to colorado last summer and got to speak to a bunch of hippies. Talk about eye opening. They dont have a clue how ag works. They are very passionate and vocal about it and want laws enacted.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)