AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has the game changed cont........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

E.Daehler
Posted 3/24/2024 10:55 (#10677770 - in reply to #10677731)
Subject: RE: Has the game changed cont........

Higginsville, MO
In my area, west central mo it takes about 1000 row crop acres to live comfortably. That means paying bills, having a good vehicle but not trading every year and doing the same with side by sides, decent house, maybe paying on land or some equipment, keeping equipment in good working order, basic farm maintenance and so on. Thats with some owned or inherited ground. Rented ground probably push the numbers a little higher to 1500 acres as margins are lower. If you have a wife and kids, probably need closer to 2000 acres if wife doesn't have in town job. I think a lot of times people just dont have any checks and balances for what they are doing. They just want more and more. Farms are being corporatized and its not really for the better in my opinion. Capitalism is supposed to also offer better quality products at better prices from a competition aspect and all thats completely gone out the window. What completely bugs me is everytime you turn around the same 8 or so names come up getting ground. Dumb founds me as they already cant take care of what they have and their hired help are just there for the paycheck and to tout how they work for so and so. Stupid small town stuff. Im here on this earth to be stuart of the land as gods assigned to me. Thats to help take care of my own and help others if they have ailments with their land. I think a lot of people have forgotten what farmers actually do and are.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)