AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lightning strike?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

maximillian
Posted 5/2/2021 08:01 (#8982893 - in reply to #8982339)
Subject: RE: Lightning strike?

Northern Wyoming
Several years ago I was working about 3-4 miles from home with a open station tractor with an umbrella. A storm approaching and I headed home. On the road I rested my hand on gear shift and realized I could feel a tingle in my finger. Out of the corner of my eye I saw lightning hit about 50 yards in the field beside me.

Just a few years ago my brother worked for aa equipment rental company delivering/retrieving equipment. He was sent to get a track hoe excavator and it was on the top of a hill. He parked truck and as he approached the hoe he heard the loudest bang. The day was clear-no storm in sight. He was stunned a bit but a few minutes latter was able to load the hoe. He said he saw a pack rat crawl out of the track-dazed.
He still didn't feel good and his daughter, a nurse insisted he go to ER. There the doctor explained how being close to electricity can mess up blood electrolytes and such.
I wonder if it eventiualy save his life as the episode as the doctor wanted a echocardiogram and there was a follow up echocardiogram a year later. This one showed that his heard output was less than should be. He had heart surgery to replace aortic valve. I don't know if the lightning strike caused it or was just something to caused doctor to keep watching.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)