AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm sale yesterday near Elizabethtown, Ky.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

redoak
Posted 2/28/2021 10:58 (#8863391 - in reply to #8862866)
Subject: A lot of competition for land everywhere now

sw ontario
40-50 yrs. ago you could move to areas that were starting to transition to grains and oil seeds with new hybrids, shorter day corn,bigger/better machinery,ect., sell your farm , buy 5 acres for 1 and cheap land too rent ........pretty much all these small beef, mixed farms have been sold and being farmed on large scale....My bil moved to a borderline grain farming area in 1981-went from 0-1,000+ acres in 2 yrs., lot's of 100 acre farms to rent or buy but high interest rates 20%+ got him .

Remember driving around his area and seeing 5000 fords , grain drills, old MH combines,ect., was back there 2 summers ago during wheat harvest and fence rows bulldozed ,big fields, tiled and most guys running to 2 combines with draper heads and grain buggy + a couple of B trains...

Last part of Ontario being developed now is the Great Clay Belt in the North but what was cheap 15-20 yrs. ago isn't anymore --IDK if David will chime in but his family made the move 20 yrs. ago and farm 15-20,000 acres there and the family also has a large farm/elevator in the south...

I always wanted to move to greener pastures (not cemetary) but now competition is fierce everywhere I know of
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)