AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

God's plans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ox76
Posted 2/24/2021 08:42 (#8854813 - in reply to #8853021)
Subject: RE: God's plans?

west central MO
monse - 2/23/2021 13:00

God has a plan for us. He has since the beginning of time. It is for us to be in fellowship with Him. When Eve chose to be heR own god, sin entered the world like a disease. God is holy and can not allow sin to enter heaven. I compare it to allowing someone who just came home from a long day of work in the shop or field. They can not walk right into an operating room at the hospital because it would contaminate the room. God could have wiped out the world and started over but he loved us some much He provided a way that we could be washed clean to enter heaven. That was by the shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross. We must ask Jesus to save us. It is not enough to just acknowledge it. That would be like saying you need a heart transplant, you acknowledge that yes, I do need a transplant but then never going through with the operation.

We do have free will. We can chose to surrender to Jesus and walk in fellowship with him or be our own god. If we chose to be our own god and follow our own will/plan, then we will have to live with the consequences of our sinful choices.
On our own, even when we have what we think are the best intentions, they are deep down selfish and in some way we are ultimately doing it for a selfish reason. Even if we say we are doing something because we love the perrson it is still usually because we want the glory of recognition or don't want to be embarrassed by our loved ones poor choices, not because we have unselfish love. Who wants to unselfishly love anyone? There is nothing in it for us! Yet God loves us unselfishly. He does not need our love. Still He loves us no matter how bad we screw things up. He could have started things new after the first sin but He wanted us. When we accept His love then we are able to extend that unselfish love to others.

So getting to the very bottom of your comments we find that we have free will to chose to be our own god or follow The God. If we chose to be our own god then we get the reward at the end of our life to say "look at what I accomplished on my own, I did it my way". This is pride of life. It comes at the cost of hurting others but you get to glorify yourself. The problem is nobody else cares what you accomplished because one, you have hurt those people that you want to care about your accomplishments(perhaps unintentionally in your mind, but you still have), two, those same people are trying to be their own gods of their lives because that is how we have been taught to live and how we teach our kids to live. You will be forgotten within a generation, 2 if you are lucky.

If we chose to follow God then we get to experience a relationship with God. Fellowship in our heart with God brings a peace that we all long for. You get to enjoy freedom from measuring up to others because you understand that we are all equal under God. You will feel the love that you have always craved that no spouse, parent, or child can give you. You live with the optimism and hope that every day lived is one closer to being united with God. Without God we view life as one less day we have left. My email is good.

monse! - awesome post! (shaking hands with a huge smile)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)