AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

God's plans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 2/23/2021 10:34 (#8852868 - in reply to #8852850)
Subject: RE: God's plans?

Frytown, Iowa
Read luke 16 but I will highlight verse 24

So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

He calls for relief of his pain. He never asked to get out of there. A person chooses to go to hell here on earth and a person chooses to go to hell even in hell.

I think what your really asking is what is the definition of hell?

I’ll tell you what the definition of heaven is

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

That’s a relationship. A perfect relationship with God through Christ’s payment of sins. We can also have a mirrored relationship here on earth with others full of Grace, forgiveness, mercy, patience, selflessness, (basically the fruits of the Holy Spirit) and you see with these actions relationships have the ability to last forever here on earth as well as pass into the next...

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Sin is basically any action that if it is left unaddressed... will destroy a relationship. Both with God and man.

If you don’t think that relationships are at the HEART of the Bible and who God is you are missing the point of it all. It’s all about a relationship and who you have it with. Even God before any of this existed was in perfect relationship with Jesus and the Holy Spirit. All it was to our knowledge was a perfect relationship with 3 beings and this whole story unfolding in this world is attempting to relay that perfect relationship with us

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)