AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

God's plans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

schmid
Posted 2/23/2021 21:34 (#8854192 - in reply to #8853033)
Subject: RE: God's plans? Another thought

ECIL
JR B - 2/23/2021 12:07

I think of it like my cows in the fence. They have the privilege of eating from the grass in the pen. it has everything they need.

I have provided it. They are required to grow on what is available. All the cows have their own way to grow they are each compared to what I want not each other.

But they can go out of the fence. that is their choice. If they do it enough I get tired of it and they are gone. JUDGEMENT

Did I make them go outside the fence?

No.

Did I make it impossible for them to go outside of the fence?

No.

Do I hold them responsible for it?

Yep.

If they go outside of the fence and get hit by a Mack truck is that my fault? I set barriers. They broke them they suffered the consequences.

Same with God.

I like your thinking...and the excerpt from the London Baptist Confession that you posted above is good as well. After spending some time studying over the past few years, I've become an adherent to the Westminster Confession of Faith, but have a lot of respect for the 1689 LBC. I know I have a ways to go, and I sure don't always trust His sovereignty the way I should, but I'm thankful for what the Word teaches us about who He is, and how clear it is. There's something about this forum that I've noticed before, not a whole lot of Reformed guys around here, maybe they are lurkers though!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)