AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

God's plans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 2/23/2021 10:11 (#8852828 - in reply to #8852788)
Subject: RE: God's plans?

Frytown, Iowa
dko_scOH - 2/23/2021 09:40

Philosophy 101, Argument for the Existence of God.

Usually cast as the conflict between omniscience and free will. If an all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful god is in charge, why does evil exist?

Put more directly, if God is omniscient, He must know the future -- as Biblical passages allege. But, if He knows the future, how can we have free will to independent action, since we could take choices that would alter the future? More to the point, if He has a Plan and our future is set, how can He punish unrepentant sinners for following a path they could not avoid?

All very simple and narrow minded thoughts

I could expand more but I have to go chore. My quickest explanation is when I was learning about markets. We each have the free will to buy or sell. And each action causes a reaction. Also there are distinct patterns in the market. The market is not random with no correlation it is clearly set in a path. We all have freedom of choice to make the decisions we make however we lack the wisdom and understanding to see the actions leading up to our reaction. We are heavily heavily influenced by action and reaction. It’s a complex equation but we all fall into that pattern which is why the masses do what they do.

God is in control and he wins in the end but he also wins every day here on earth too. We also over estimate the importance of day to day decisions. If we are so focused on why there is evil or why I didn’t get my own way we loose sight of what’s really important. What is really the equalizer with everyone in the world. I’ll give you a hint. It’s not money. It’s not comfort, it’s not good food, it’s not good sex, it’s not material pleasure, it’s not power, it’s not long life it’s not health. There is something that everyone can experience and everyone has the ability to live as good of a life that’s out there no matter the situation. When we focus on everything else we wonder how can this be Gods plan.

But when you find out what the best riches are in life and Gods plan is perfect in that. You start to realize he is in control and we do have free will. They are one in the same if your not distracted by all the nonsense.

A short answer another question asked here. Evil exists because people as a whole are selfish and prideful and want what we want. And God allows that to happen because it exposes our hearts.

If you currently think of God as anything less than perfect and the best thing for your life then you don’t know who God is. Yes there are times of doubt... but if day to day you have those thoughts you do not know who God is because you have not pursued him.

That is the short version typed up on iPhone

Good luck in everyone’s quest for this answer. I have mulled this over for the past decade and feel I have a good grasp on it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)