AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

God's plans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IHC 1470
Posted 2/23/2021 11:38 (#8852984 - in reply to #8852922)
Subject: RE: God's plans?

Idaho

dko_scOH - 2/23/2021 09:04

Okay, now we're getting somewhere.

You are saying that we humans have free will and are, therefore, free to screw up so badly that it warrants eternal punishment. The future is not only unknown, but is unknowable, because we can at any time change the future through our actions.

I think most people will agree with this. We certainly feel like we are free do good or bad, at our choosing. But the flip side to this is that no one -- not even a God -- can say what the future holds. Whammo, back into conflict with an all-knowing being at the helm.

As I say above, this is an ancient theological dilemma. There can only be a Plan if the future is pre-ordained. But if we are mere actors reading our lines, punishment for our bad deeds seems misplaced.

Maybe I have misunderstood scripture, have always had the impression that God knew from the beginning that His creation was going to screw up. He had a plan for that which to this day He is carrying out. 

Think of it this way; He gave us 10 laws to life by. Yet not one of us can follow those laws and each of us have broken them many times. The examples I gave above I listed because I personally have done everyone of them. The amazing thing that I still can not wrapped my head around is even as sinners is the love He has for us. He LOVES us, that is you dko and me so much that He was willing to send His son Jesus to die in our place to pay the price of that sin. That #2 pencil.

Would you be willing to send your child to die for that #2 pencil I stole? 

Because according to scripture the wages of sin is death, we deserve to spend eternity apart from Him and the love that He has for us that is the punishment.

Our choice, we put our trust in the Savior that laid down His life for us or we go it on our own. My bank account is not big enough to pay for all my sins, so for me I have chosen to follow the one that knows the path to eternal life.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)