AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

God's plans?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 2/24/2021 08:00 (#8854717 - in reply to #8852922)
Subject: RE: God's plans?

SWOH
I’m probably not a very good Christian, David. But here is what I believe. We are all sinners. We all have the free will to sin or not sin at any given time. Jesus was sent to die on the cross so that I have the opportunity to repent. It’s up to me whether I do that or not. It’s up to me to make a correction in my life. I don’t believe God micro manages my life. I do believe God has set a time that my body will die and that time was set when I was conceived. I don’t question why I’m here, I don’t question God’s perfect timing. I pray for guidance and wisdom. I pray that His will is done, which it will be whether I pray for that or not I believe. I’m not a preacher. I don’t seek out non Christians and try to “convert them”. But I don’t shy away from telling people what I believe. I’ve never met you that I know of, David, but I respect you. I somewhat envy your scientific knowledge (and I know as a Christian I shouldn’t) and you seem like a pretty reasonable guy. I’m not as smart as you and I know it. I won’t push what I believe on you, but I would hope you respect what I believe. All I have is faith, I don’t even know the Bible good enough to quote scripture or argue if I wanted to. God and free will probably will be debated until there are no more believers, for all I know Adam and Eve debated it. I believe there is free will and God doesn’t micro manage my life. His plan for me might’ve been to be in the right spot at the right time for 10 minutes 15 years ago and that was it. I’m not ashamed for what I believe and I’m ok with being ridiculed for that. And I also respect what you believe or don’t believe. My goal is to help who I can while I’m here and not be a pain in the ass. But I know I’m a sinner and I believe God gave me the free will to repent.

I view religious people the same way I view farmers. Everybody is doing it the right way and nobody is doing it exactly the same. I can’t tell you that you’re wrong, all I can tell you is what I believe.

Edited by boa628 2/24/2021 08:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)