AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sciatic nerve
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 2/22/2021 15:08 (#8851221 - in reply to #8846230)
Subject: RE: Sciatic nerve

East of Broken Bow
What's her age?
I ask that, because the year I turned 45, we were working cattle 3 days straight, and at the end of the 3rd day, I had one foot slip, putting a twist in my back, which wound up pinching my sciatic nerve (or as I called it, psychotic nerve).
Went to a chiropractor, who said my disk wasn't bulged, but the muscles swollen from strain, and I had somehow gotten out of joint, which pinched the nerve between the swollen muscle, and the joint.
Popped me back into place, and gave me a few excercises to do.
First, they suggested I 'plank', every 2 days, until I could hold it a minute, then 2X a week. Picture what you look like at the top of a push up, just hold it for a minute.
The other excercise, was to lay on my back, then bend one leg at a time to about 90*, and twist one way, hold for 15 seconds, then twist the other way for 15. Do each leg 2-3 times. If my back is out of joint, I usually feel it 'pop' back in, on the 2nd stretch, but it may occasionally take 3.

Since I've been doing that, I haven't had any sciatic pain to speak of since (and I'm 50 now) The reason I asked about age, is because my Chiro told me most people under 55 (or under 60 if in good health and not overweight) are much more likely to be helped by simple excercise, with little risk of farther harm. Over 60-65, and often there are more problems, like bulged disks, or such.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)