AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sciatic nerve
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dgpeak
Posted 2/20/2021 20:06 (#8847462 - in reply to #8847377)
Subject: RE: Sciatic nerve

In my case, the first test done was an MRI. It showed a bulging, partially deteriorated, rupturing disc. My doctor said we could try some injections and maybe delay the inevitable, but he said you have a mechanical problem causing the pain. Relieving inflammation and pain killers wasn't going to fix it in his opinion. It was my choice to have the surgery, at his recommendation.
It was called a microdiscectomy. Outpatient surgery. 3 very small incisions. He clipped some of the scar tissue off the edge of the disc, and also removed a little bone protrusion on the vertebrae to give the swollen nerve clearance till the inflammation went away. I would call mine a very minor surgery and a successful one. Recovery time wasn't nearly as long as someone who had major back surgery.
Maybe I should of went for a second opinion, and yes I second guessed my decision at the time. It is kind of scary. I mean all it would take is the surgeon to sneeze and change the whole outcome.
The surgeon also told me when looking at my MRI...." this won't be your last back surgery".
But it's been about 10 years and so far so good.
Sorry for the long post. Feel free to email me anytime is you want more information on mine.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)