AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Don’t think no-till works
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/13/2021 12:32 (#8748020 - in reply to #8747803)
Subject: RE: No-till saves nitrogen costs

southern MN
Yes, I agree entirely, all the responses.

This black and white typed environment doesn’t lend well to sitting around and conversing about this that and the other. I tend to cut to the chase, from my point of view, in these conversations!

I’m farming a glacial lake bed that stays colder and wetter than normal dirt even a few miles from me. And I’m farming in a location that is extra cold and wet to start with.

So I’m trying to see how this fits into what I do. Generally comments from people 200 miles south of me Or 60 miles west of me farming a loam soil that is drier and catches some winter warming trends need a lot of re factoring to fit what I’m dealing with........

Rather than dismiss the info I’m just trying to see what is being accomplished, and how that can be done here, if at all.

I’ve never been one to just do it because I say it works, and I know you aren’t doing that, just saying I am too curious to follow along I need to understand.....

I kinda struggle with the whole adding fungus to our seed coatings and then spraying several rounds of fungicides during the year what that works out, a totally different deal but you can maybe more easily see my internal conflict from this example!

Thank you!

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)