AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lol...my sons Ag class
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MiradaAcres
Posted 9/30/2020 14:45 (#8523085 - in reply to #8522839)
Subject: RE: Lol...my sons Ag class

scmn

Well put.  These guys have no idea what a teacher, let alone an ag teacher goes thru.  If they all worked as hard as Paul Harvey's eighth day farmer then they would have an idea of what an ag teacher goes thru.

Now all the other comments about how financially rich I am or should be because I only teach 180 days a year.

As for the 180 days per year, that is school days and does not include school year time spent at: state convention, national convention, planning out sub plans for when you are gone to all the CDEs, banquets, etc.  Let alone summer hours spent at all the SAE visits, summer conferences, workshops, ag in the class room, county fairs, state fair, etc.  Better tack on another 20-30 days just for that.  I have a hard time making hay in June/July with all the summer events my wife the ag teacher is involved in and not being able to get a baby sitter when I should be making hay.  These guys make it like summer is one big long vacation for a teacher, which it may be for some teachers, but it definitely is not for an ag teacher.

Yeah, right back at you, I hear farmers only work 2 months out of the year, one for planting and the second for harvest.

I always heard it as farmers buy 4x4 trucks because they work 4 weeks in the spring, 4 weeks in the fall, and take 44 weeks off.  I know several farmers that fit the bill for the cliché, and I know several that are always busy with some type of field or livestock work too.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)