AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lol...my sons Ag class
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

moobeast
Posted 9/30/2020 08:37 (#8522625 - in reply to #8522025)
Subject: RE: Lol...my sons Ag class

Earlville, NY
WYDave - 9/29/2020 22:26

Folks, you need to understand something:

Teachers in K-12 schools aren't from the best and brightest we have. They're just not.l

Wide brush, indeed. My wife is a teacher, granted it's a small community college. She's one of the smartest people I know...and she works 3-4 hours most nights after dinner, and weekends, to keep up with her teaching, and also has a fair amount of seminars and meetings to attend over the summer as well.

A neighbor who just retired as a school teacher and is now on the school board, along with his wife, own and operate a small successful grass-fed beef operation that markets in NYC. Both extremely intelligent and hard-working.

My nephew graduated as valedictorian of his high school and has his career path as a high-school biology teacher planned out.

My BIL works in a large-city school district. He's working on his PhD; he regularly derides the administration system for inane guidance and policies that educators must adhere to. However, the total lack of interest or involvement in their kid's education by parents is the biggest contributor to poor education.

I've met lots of our local teachers, some may be smarter than others, some may work harder than others, just like any career areas in our society...including farmers, based on reading AgTalk over the years.

If you want to complain about education systems failing their students, talk about the administration and state education systems; they are the ones who decide what, and how, students are to be taught and evaluated, and place some blame on the apathy of many parents for not taking a more active role in their kids education and school direction.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)