AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calling it good
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/29/2020 10:16 (#8521206 - in reply to #8521134)
Subject: machinery liquidation

Pittsburg, Kansas

We have vacillated on what to do with the machinery. We have went all the way from having an auction this December to selling it piece at a time over the next couple years. We have an appointment with the tax preparer and he may have something to say about it.

I think the current iteration is we are going to list a bunch of it locally and see what interest and sales we get this fall/winter. Maybe in a month when we have time to clean everything up and take pictures put a lot of it in Tractorhouse and maybe transition it to AuctionTime at come point. I know at some point we will need a cleanup auction. Maybe next May. We have a completely equipped shop with lots of specialty tools, hand tools, service trucks, ect that would not sell good on some national auction site. Just a lifetime accumulation of odds and ends that at this point in my life I will have no use for now that I will not have a full time mechanic on call.

We don't have a particular need to sell equipment immediately although I would like to sell at least a few higher dollar items just to stop what remaining interest we have on what machinery debt we have. But otherwise we can sell it however we think it will sell the best, which at this point I just do not know.

If anyone has suggestions or experience with selling out I'm all ears. My email is good.

I guess if anyone is in need of any machinery my email for that is also good.

John

Edited by John Burns 9/29/2020 10:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)