AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calling it good
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/29/2020 08:01 (#8521006 - in reply to #8520747)
Subject: RE: Calling it good

Pittsburg, Kansas

It is for sure retirement needs to be enjoyed not endured. And every person is going to have different ideas on what "floats their boat" as far as enjoyment. My dad enjoyed his grand kids, taking care of his small cow herd (more like pets) and cutting brush and firewood cleaning up the fence rows. He seemed perfectly content with that. I think the biggest thing that took the wind out of his sails (and was somewhat of a relief to his family) was when he could no longer get his chain saw started.

Wife and I like to scuba dive, ride motorcycles and travel. That is what we have been increasing over the last 11 years and being completely free will allow us to do even more of it (if the covid thing ever gets over).

I may take you up on the email. I had done a little preliminary inquiry through another poster here on AgTalk who was very generous of his time with me (before I wanted any local inquiry's that might have started a rumor mill before we had fully decided) and I am thankful for that. We have a meeting scheduled with our Farm Management guy soon and although he is a young guy he seems very knowledgeable and has access to a lot of people resources through the association so after we meet with him we may have more intelligent questions to ask. Right now the biggest thing I know is that I do not know a lot.

John

Edited by John Burns 9/29/2020 08:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)