AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Calling it good
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/29/2020 08:19 (#8521034 - in reply to #8520792)
Subject: RE: Calling it good

Pittsburg, Kansas

Yes my daughter has been fully engaged in the farming operation for many years now. Probably the last 5 years or longer that was one of the primary reasons for keeping the farm going. Her and two key employees that have been with us for years.

She was great at her job and it hit her pretty hard when we said we were ready to quit (but it absolutely was not a complete surprise because we had discussed it). But she is very risk averse. She would never have wanted to take on the risk or the finances of the whole operation. She is very good at what she does but just not a risk taking entrepreneur at heart. I think part of her buyout for her shares in one of the corporations will end up being a farm so she will have the income from renting it out. She will be fine. A little scary for her right now though as her life is going to change.

If you ride through again you are welcome to stop. The farmstead will still be here minus the machinery. Have five acres of water if you are into fishing but based on your map dot I'm guessing water is not something you are used to a lot. :-)

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)