AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remodel or Build new
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 8/2/2020 03:22 (#8409977 - in reply to #8409479)
Subject: RE: Remodel or Build new

farmertom311 - 8/1/2020 19:12

I’m telling you I can count the houses in Monticello Kentucky worth over $300000 on my hands and hAve fingers left over. Just a difference in location. That’s also why I think it’s insane y’all pay farm hands $15 an hour and we pay $7. I’m currently building/ remodeling (We only kept 4 rooms of the original house) and it’s gonna be almost 3200 sq ft and I won’t have $200000 in it. Houses just don’t cost that much here. I am doing a a lot of it myself or helping. Have two carpenters that cost me $1200 per week, I’ve done the demo helped with concrete, doing all the electric and plumbing painting. And no my time is worth $0. You say I’m losing opportunity cost, I say I’m making $100000 by not paying other people to do what I can.
No offense, cuz there’s lots of folks whom think like you do, but here’s where your thinking is flawed. There’s a reason I hire a lot of time consuming jobs done, because my time is worth more at what I do for a living than what I am paying out, most generally by a lot. I for damn sure ain’t gonna Waste my time On a project that is time consuming and I can replace myself with a capable body for 600 bucks a week. Find me decent $600 week labor and I’ll make a fortune using my brainpower and their backs. That’s opportunity cost. Not me taking myself out of commission at what I do best to do $600 week jobs.

Edited by Boone & Crockett 8/2/2020 03:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)