AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another School Question. How Many
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bshannon
Posted 7/13/2020 08:14 (#8370830 - in reply to #8370653)
Subject: RE: Another School Question. How Many

I think it should be on a district by district basis how it is done. Areas of high rate of infections (ie heavily populated area) vs. rural areas of this country could have vastly different requirements and needs in order to properly handle this. Of course the states/government figure a one size fits all system. It's going to be a disaster with so much emphasis on the safety that education will take a back seat. What about school bus rides to and from school. or are parents supposed to deliver? Glad I don't have any kids in school at this point. I'd lean pretty heavily toward online education I think.

On a side note and showing the extremes of people, niece; daughter of husband's youngest sister showed up for a visit this summer from California. Her & husband, two older children. They flew from CA, rented a car and drove all over the midwest. Never had a mask that I saw, probably had them just in case, but no social distancing concerns whatever. Nephew, son of husbands' oldest sister lives in New York City. Fled the city to his country home upstate NY when the COVID broke in NYC with his wife and senior high age son. They've been there ever since. He won't let Mom leave the house, and she was very very active up until then. Drives to visit by himself, stopping at a hotel one night. Does take her to visit her brother in MN, but all have to wear masks and socially distance. He would not walk from her condo to the mailbox in a county where they've had less than a half dozen cases, without wearing a mask and gloves. Told her she has to wear mask and gloves to mailbox and back as well. When he left he put on the mask and gloves before walking out to the car alone.

Now how do you deal with kids that come from families with these two extreme views on how to protect and social distance, and still teach kids something.

Wish there was an answer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)