AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another School Question. How Many
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 7/13/2020 17:45 (#8371706 - in reply to #8371216)
Subject: RE: Another School Question. How Many

roush9799 - 7/13/2020 12:18

I don't know the right answer, but on the other side of things, how long can we hold out for a vaccine?  6 more months,  and year, and decade?  Maybe never?  Everyday you read about maybe a vaccine, but then nothing more of it.  then you see another one that might work.  Also read that the further this thing mutates the weaker it gets.  May just end up being a common flu after a while.  I don't want to see a lot of people's health at risk, but on the other hand how long do we wait?

ETA:  about the schools.  The ones that are opening up, some around here are going 5 hours a day and 4 days a week.  How does that work when both parents go back to work 8 hours a day 5 days a week?  Now you take some kids out of one class and grade and mix them with some others in a daycare for a few hours a day and one day on Friday.  What happens on Monday when those kids go back to school with their regular class with covid?

my personal opinion is we will never have a totally effective vaccine. What we can expect and have to settle for are therapies that will not prevent the virus, but hold it in check and keep the virus from killing you. AIDS once carried a 100% mortality rate. There has never been an effective vaccine to prevent it. Yet today, therapies have kept folks like Magic Johnson alive for decades.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)