AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmers diet question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Curious
Posted 5/11/2020 22:04 (#8250946 - in reply to #8250620)
Subject: RE: Farmers diet question

NW IA
I did not read all the responses.

Quick and dirty reply, you said you cut "most" soda and pasta. Cut 'em all, can't hurt and add back and watch the effect if you want. I have not.

Sugar has to be 100% gone. Read labels, it's everywhere.

You eat lots of fruit. Don't cut back, go cold turkey without, you will be surprised at how hot that stuff is. Insulin launch pad. In my case fruit was the spikiest roller coaster energy blast-off and crash thing I could stick in my mouth. DO NOT "drink" fruit whatever you do, without fiber it's rocket fuel. I do eat an apple most days now as "candy" with cheese slices and it goes good because I can handle it; maybe not the best idea though. Blue-berries and strawberries with heavy cream are also an occasional treat.

Re dzluvr's reply, fair enough, don't go nuts, keep green leafy carbs in the mix and bring back modest amounts of fruit and see what it does to you. Eating twice a day in the intermittent fasting pattern will likely result in your not consuming boodles more meat or fat than anyone on whatever a normal diet is.

There are some theorists out there that believe simply eating a wide variety of whole foods within an 8 hour window each day will get you a long ways towards better health on its own.

Note. Most folks eat "normal"; and just google whatever search words you want to see the statistical results re obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and on and on.

I have also dumped all vegetable oils out of my diet.

You mention muscle mass. Look up "Dr. Ben Bocchicchio fifteen minutes to fitness" on YouTube. Super simple thing to do and you can look more deeply into the research behind what he does if you want to dig.

Just what I would try - Not medical advice.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)