AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fasting, great way to pass out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/13/2020 07:24 (#8100751 - in reply to #8096025)
Subject: reactive hypoglycemia - what Mayo Clinic says

Pittsburg, Kansas
Here is how the experts say to treat it.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/diabetes/expert-answe...
---------------------------
Reactive hypoglycemia usually doesn't require medical treatment. However, any underlying medical condition will need to be treated. Dietary changes often help lessen your symptoms. Try making changes to the timing and composition of your meals, such as:

Eating a balanced diet, including lean and nonmeat sources of protein, and high-fiber foods, including whole grains, fruits and vegetables
Avoiding sugary foods and processed simple carbohydrates, such as white bread or white pasta, especially on an empty stomach
Eating food when drinking alcohol, if you drink
Eating several small meals and snacks throughout the day, about three hours apart during waking hours
------------------------------------
They don't mention a thing about utilizing fat in the diet in replacement of carbohydrates keeping a person from having the glycemic spike and resulting rebound low.

Anyone who has been following any of my links to current and old research on the subject will know just how "helpful" these suggestions are. Looks like to me a good way to induce insulin resistance if done over a period of years. They got two out of four right at least. But I am not a doctor and don't give medical advice so don't listen to me. I listen to someone who has studied the science.

I quit having "lows" when I changed my diet to less carbs and more fat. I quit having the mid afternoon slump in energy and feeling like I needed a nap or a snack when I quit eating a lot of carbs for lunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnvmEUUtoZw

Edit: the above is a very dry and technical video. If you want to cut to the chase start at around minute 16. This explains how once a person is insulin resistant it is almost impossible to lose weight as long as insulin is high. The only way to lower insulin is quit eating much carbohydrates. They estimate this applies to about 50% of the population. The video is probably only suited for those who want to do a deep dive into the science. Some of the presentations in the search below probably are better choices for the lay person. The video does show however that there is ongoing research into understanding metabolism and what a person has learned 30 years ago may be superceeded by newer more complete information. We continue to learn about how the body functions.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=ivor+cummins+insulin+re...

John

Edited by John Burns 3/13/2020 12:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)