AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fasting, great way to pass out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

turbo diesal
Posted 3/15/2020 06:38 (#8105754 - in reply to #8099825)
Subject: RE: hypoglycemic rebound

Dave

I'm well aware that humans do not need carbs. Men have been documented living a whole year or longer on meat alone with no negative health effects. I do not take this to mean that vegetables and fiber or not beneficial because we do not "need" them.There are many thing we can get by without taking and survive that can still help us like vitamin supplements as another example.

There difference is between a need and something being beneficial. You dont need a meat to live but it is healthy to eat it. The main thing I do know is that people are vastly different.A 65 year old that is morbidly obese and diabetic doesn't need the same diet as someone who is a thin 25 year old and very physically active.Even worse a teenager or child going on a ketogenic diet. I even recently had a article pop up saying how healthy it was to have your baby go on a keto diet! Breast milk contains carbohydrates because they help the growth of the child and feed the gut bacteria. I can tell you from my personal experience that not eating carbs definalty makes me weaker and lowers endurance during hard work or exercise even if I feel great and have alot of energy before hand because of glycogen store depletion.

John

At the risk of repeating myself my main gripe isn't with the keto diet. I think it has great benefits for many people and I am well of aware that it can get people completely off type 2 diabetic medication. I do not like when GURU doctors tell everyone they should go on it. The 65 year old that weighs 300 lb and is diabetic shouldn't be treated the same as a healthy 25 year old women that wants to lose 10 lbs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)