AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Foods that keep you from feeling hungry-John Burns & others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Curious
Posted 2/22/2020 05:28 (#8057881 - in reply to #8055664)
Subject: RE: Foods that keep you from feeling hungry-John Burns & others

NW IA
Mr. Burns has a ton of good stuff to consider.

I will just toss in an anecdote. Wish I could reference the video it came from. but here goes.

There was a nutrition and weight loss researcher who followed two groups of people. Both control groups received 2,400 calories per day.

One control was fed 800 calories three times per day, morning noon and evening, the other, 2400 in one shot, I believe at noon.

The control group eating the whole 2,400 calories in one meal reported no hunger after adaptation, the three meal a day control complained of constant hunger.

The researcher in that instance couldn't account for what he was seeing. The other thing that befuddled him was that the three meal control lost less weight than the one meal group.

After following Johns information here the short, dirty, hypothetical explanation would be that the one meal group, after getting adapted, had been triggered to burn their fat stores by the 23 hour fast. The 3 meal folks, especially if the food was toast and jam, sugar in coffee, cereal, bread, taters, etc. had opened the gate to their blood stream for an insulin stampede and chased some of the glucose into their fat cells since they had no other use for it. Then just made it to meal time before the trigger to burn fat was pulled and around and around you go.

Good old Butter Bob has a 13 minute video, "Don't Let Your Belly Steal Your Breakfast" on YouTube.

I stumbled into intermittent fasting last fall at harvest. Found myself heading out to do chores and getting things ready without thinking of eating until after 10 A.M.

Have more or less stuck with eating around 10 AM and 6 or 7 PM after cattle chores ever since. No sugar, No grain, taters or seed oils.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)