AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Foods that keep you from feeling hungry-John Burns & others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

martin
Posted 2/20/2020 22:12 (#8055809 - in reply to #8055664)
Subject: RE: Foods

I used to fall asleep after I would eat noontime meal. That was before I started monitoring my blood glucose levels.  Now, since I watch that more closely, I don't find myself taking a nap after noontime meal quite as often.  I won't say "never". I will say not as often. 

Have you checked your blood glucose levels?  Have you ever been checked to see if you are diabetic?  Just a question that crossed my mind....

John Burns has talked about including fats into the meal to help curb hunger. I think he is on to something there. I have taken turkey broth, and started making a batch of gravy, and I will include that on some of the meals (meats).  Not a lot, maybe 1-2 Tbsp per meal. But I think that is helping me to feel full longer.  I have also increased the amount of protein/ meat that I eat in each meal. I think that is helping.  Finally, if still find myself wanting to snack between meals, I will eat something with fiber - broccoli or cauliflower... or I will include those kinds of raw vegetables in a salad at mealtime. And I think that helps.

Edited by martin 2/20/2020 22:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)