AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Foods that keep you from feeling hungry-John Burns & others
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/24/2020 11:37 (#8062456 - in reply to #8062343)
Subject: sustainability

Pittsburg, Kansas
I think you hit on the key right there.

"I believe we can continue indefinitely with this way of eating."

My wife and I know we can never go back to the way we were eating before, because if we do we will end up right back where we were.

So sustainability is key, and why so many other types of diets lose weight ok but eventually fail.

I'm with you, the way we are eating right now is enjoyable and sustainable. I would not have a problem staying with we have right now. The only thing I really look forward to is some day being a little bit more flexible enough so once a month or something when in a social situation we can eat what is served rather than go without or decline. Eating at a resturant with friends, going to a farm meeting, something like that. Still choose the best that we can, but be able to eat some foods we normally would not and not have my blood sugar go to 250 (I am definitely never taking insulin again after what I have learned). I think I am most of the way there now, based on how my 90 day average blood glucose readings have been trending down.

Soon we will go out with friends for "gelato" here in town. I will use it as an experiment by measuring my blood sugar before and after. If I stay under 150 after eating four ounces gelato, I will know my pancrease is working properly and my insulin sensativity is much better. If it stays down around 125, I am getting close. If it goes to 200.............. well lets hope not. I don't think it will. It did not do that last year at this time when I tried that and we had only been on the diet a month and off insulin a couple weeks. I had already healed a lot in just a month. It has been a year and nearly a month now.

John

Edited by John Burns 2/24/2020 11:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)