AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How is the young guys suppose to carry on?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Tennessee Cattleman
Posted 2/27/2019 14:06 (#7348143 - in reply to #7347112)
Subject: RE: How is the young guys suppose to carry on?

Fawazhay - 2/27/2019 00:38

Tennessee Cattleman - 2/11/2019 20:08

I'm sure the cousin can find a Ag job, but good Ag careers start getting harder to come by in your mid 40's. By this point in your career most employers are either looking for someone younger to train as they like or someone with the perfect experience and credentials ready to hit the ground running with little to no training needed. Lot of ex-farmers are looking for good Ag employment.

I would hire a 40 year old with experience yesterday. My contact is in profile... it might be a geographical thing, but that situation I don't see out here.

I would hire a 40-ish year old before someone with no experience also, but that is not happening in my area in which Ag is suffering pretty hard anyway.
The larger Ag companies and corporations generally hire young people just out of school with little to no experience. Even the local Farmers Co-ops are getting in on it, keeping only a few experienced, knowledgeable people around to give directions and answer questions asked other than the price and if it's in stock or not.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)