AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How is the young guys suppose to carry on?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

hillfarmer
Posted 2/10/2019 18:49 (#7311782 - in reply to #7311402)
Subject: RE: How is the young guys suppose to carry on?

SDFarmboy - 2/10/2019 16:48

Angus8335 - 2/10/2019 15:21 Lost On the question of how to get dad to turn 180°. Ask dad if an operation identical to his came up for sale across the road could he buy it? I know I couldn’t buy a operation the size I have at today’s value. I am the dad in a similar situation actually more dollars involved this is what I did On the day I die all my personal property goes to my children that are operating the farm on that day. The land on the day I die it’s divided by the three children. Any child could rent their land to their brother or sister only at 80% Of the University of Illinois post to Joe Davis County rent rate. If one or two of the children want to sell they can only sell to their brother or sister and that’s also at a reduced rate. I know people scream at me about not being fair but I look at it this way. I want the children and grandchildren to have an opportunity to farm. I realize my children helped build My operation. If you look over in Agtalk cafe under update passing on to next generation, you will see more details.... Dennis

You plan is complicated, and all farms are different.  Did you use a trust in your plan?

I don't believe you can give land to one person, and then have a restriction on who they can sell it to.  

"I don't believe you can give land to one person, and then have a restriction on who they can sell it to.  

"

WHY not

They can pass OCA then charge a 50 year old for maternity care

A owner should be able to make it possible to make a business transfer to a operator
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)