AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How is the young guys suppose to carry on?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iadirt
Posted 2/11/2019 09:22 (#7313049 - in reply to #7307570)
Subject: RE: How is the young guys suppose to carry on?

I know its a lot easier when you are not emotionally involved but here is what I would do.

If you can negotiate to get the land and equipment below market value, I would write up a purchase agreement subject to financing and give yourself at least 180 days to obtain financing. A year would be better. The agreement would be for all land, equipment and rights to lease all rental land. Also put on the agreement your name or assigns. This give you the right to assign the contract to someone else.

Then I would take the deal to every large, well healed operator in a 50 mile radius and sell the contract for the most I can get. I would try to work a deal where I would have a job with the acquiring entity. If you can negotiate the land prices down enough, you might walk away with $500K in your pocket. Just be sure to post a pic of your Uncle's face when he finds out.

Also might talk to big ag lenders like Rabo and Farm Credit to see if they have customers that would have an interest in acquiring the whole deal.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)