AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When did you decide to pass the farm down?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tmrand
Posted 1/11/2019 20:46 (#7238647 - in reply to #7238222)
Subject: RE: When did you decide to pass the farm down?

Southeast Colorado
It wasn't a "force out" as you refer to it. We kind of raised him with that mind set. It wasn't like one day we just said, "you're outta here". He always kind of had poor money management skills............even as a young kid. Funny how that happens because his younger sister is exactly opposite. You could recognize these traits from a very early age. Also he kind of just got into a "partying with your buddies" stage.............nothing wrong with that when your young.........but he definitely needed his space to grow up. I did too when I was young and will admit it freely. Even through his goofing off stage he still had an incredible work ethic. His employers recognize this too and now are rewarding him for it. If he would have started expressing the desire to farm after going through this growing up period I would have helped him.............but that just wasn't in the cards. Today we have a GREAT relationship and visit with him often on the phone since he's on the road quite a bit and 900 miles away. He has 4 kids now and is doing great for himself and them. We're proud of him!

Last but not least............I see a lot of younger guys around here that have never known life away from the farm. Some handle it OK, but most of them either wear a chip on their shoulder somewhat or are a little bitter at their parents for thinking they are holding them back.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)