AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Unpaid Custom Work, what to do
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmer45
Posted 1/10/2019 17:33 (#7235418 - in reply to #7235162)
Subject: RE: Unpaid Custom Work, what to do

Washington Co Ks
My grandfather had a couple of times that he didn't get paid. One was when he bought a farm and was suppose to get the pasture rent for that year. The renter told him that he had never intended to pay the rent if the place was sold. The renter was to be able to pasture the fields until March 1 but when he wouldn't pay the pasture rent Grandpa and Dad plowed the ground while Dad was home from school between Christmas and New Year. I don't know if that was legal but he got by with it. The other time he had filled silo for a neighbor. When he went to collect he was told that the neighbor hated it but he just didn't have the money. Grandpa needed a little extra help so the neighbors son worked off what his dad owed. Of course this was many years ago and people weren't as quick to sue or to take advantage of someone else. If there is no money there I doubt if you will be able to recover much. If the money is there and the other person is just trying to stick you with the bill you might be able to go to court and recover it.

Rumer has it that some years ago when a local custom cut went to collect at some places he wore a gun on his hip. Usually didn't get much argument.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)