AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking about visiting the.....swamp. Yes, D.C.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

DRester
Posted 10/24/2018 07:58 (#7062348 - in reply to #7061713)
Subject: RE: Thinking about visiting the.....swamp. Yes, D.C.

Franklinton, LA
Several posters have mentioned getting a hotel near the Mall. Plan "B" would be to get a hotel in a safe area 5 or 10 miles from the Mall but very close to a subway stop. The hotel and restaurants would cost less and you could easily and quickly ride the subway to the Mall.

On the other hand, I agree with the other posters about not renting a car. A minor fender bender accident could ruin a good vacation. I also agree that you and your family should go.

When I visit Washington D. C. I think about the elected officials we had in 1776. These people wrote the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and won the Revolutionary War in less than 10 years. They also laid out a Capital in that swamp down there in Virginia. Yes, it really was a swamp back in that era! At that time we had 13 colonies and a few million people in our country. Today the Capitol is still adequate and we have 50 states, a few possessions and almost 400 million people. These old boys were pretty smart. Also, they did not have today's news media trying to tell them how they were messing up.

Edited by DRester 10/24/2018 08:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)