AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking about visiting the.....swamp. Yes, D.C.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Pvafarm
Posted 10/24/2018 06:30 (#7062154 - in reply to #7061713)
Subject: No big group and NO fundraisers!

Southeast WI
My rant first. People have to get off this damn fundraiser crap train. If kids need money get a job if they are at least in 7th grade. Earn money the correct way instead of having a hand out like a city beggar! Kids actually learn something by working. Some fundraisers are fine but whenever people think about stuff like this they think how can we make someone else pay for it.

OK I’m done. Been to DC many times. As others have said, use Metro, car is useless. You are going to DC. Spend the money to see DC, you wont have time or energy to go outside the immediate compact Smithsonian area nor should you in 3-4 days. Look at a map - stay in a hotel right near the capitol within a short walk of Union Station. It is expensive but WELL WORTH IT!!!! Union Station has a large number of food court places in the basement. Food in DC is expensive, Union Station is not. Many of the museums are within walking distance or a short fun subway ride of this location. If kids get tired by early pm you can go back for a quick nap. Air and Space and American History are must sees. Right by Union Station is the postal museum. Go check that out for an hour or so. Take a bus tour from Union Station to all the monuments at night. Go in February for less crowds, too! Be a contrarian for places like this.

Do you see a theme? It revolves around Union Station doesn’t it? Price should be in your ballpark what you quoted. We went 5 years ago. Air and hotel on cc miles, 3 nights 4 days and spent around $500 out of pocket. DC is an area rich in history. Lose the swamp verbiage as that will cloud your enjoyment. If it truly is a swamp we all need to look in the mirror because we all helped create it over decades. Have fun. Feel free to email me with questions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)