AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hooked on auto steer...need suggestions with next purchase!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

rollig
Posted 11/17/2008 10:49 (#509005)
Subject: Hooked on auto steer...need suggestions with next purchase!

SCMN

We added our first piece of auto steer this fall, JD AutoTrac in our 9400T running on SF1, and everyone loves it!  We use if for the field cult, disk ripper, and anhydrous toolbar in the fall and field cult in the spring and the savings in fuel alone will pay for it real quick not to mention the other bonuses it brings.  So now the shopping begins for the next setup...

I want to set up the tractor we plant with and add Tru-Count clutches to tha planter so I will need section control.  It's probably between Deere or Trimble as they will have the best dealer support in my immediate area.  I will be talking to representatives of both parties and quoting the systems but I would like some real world opinions on how each system performs, cost, and the pros and cons of each.

The tractor I will be using is a JD 8100 MFWD, not autotrac ready so I will need all the pieces of the system.  I plan to run WAAS/SF1 based on the accuracy we have seen on our current SF1 setup, seems to hold the line very tight.  Worst case I will upgrade signals later.

Thanks in advance for all the input.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)