AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Things you've found in the field that weren't suppose to be there..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Wayne A
Posted 4/24/2017 20:55 (#5980533 - in reply to #5978926)
Subject: RE: Things you've found in the field that weren't suppose to be there..

Central In
A few winters ago. a young fellow had been to a party and liked to drive at night through fields in his Chevy 1 ton truck. This time he drove into the ditch on the home farm, now owned by my 2nd cousin. He got out and lost his keys in the field behind the truck.
He must have been in bad shape and somehow wound up in the ditch and died. I saw the tip of the truck corner many times, but it was muddy and I thought it was a piece of trash. Anyway after about a month a friend who had been searching for him spotted the truck from the highway which was another road than mine. The body was nearly covered with residue piled up over a small tree that had fallen across the ditch. A lot of vehicles drove to the site that day. The strange thing was that that was the first day that the ground was frozen hard enough since his accident as I recall.
The last thing to leave the field was the wrecker hauling out the truck on a trailer. Well, it had warmed up some then and the wrecker broke through and had to be winched out the last 300 feet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)