AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Imperial information.Imperial measurments.Gallons.. ect.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 7/21/2014 17:57 (#3979144 - in reply to #3977711)
Subject: RE: Question

Near-north Ontario, French River
Realize that I was generalizing about the older crowd sticking to imperial measurements, but around here that seems to be the case, of course there are always exceptions. I think a lot of it has to do with our proximity to the US border, and with many businesses dealing with imperial( and US) measurements as a result. Don't get me started on temperature LOL... if its close to freezing I talk in Celius... ie its +1 or -10 etc but once it gets to 10C I use Fahrenheit so its becomes 50 F , 70 degrees or 90 etc... surprisingly now that I think about it most others around here do that as well. Tell someone around here its 12 degrees out here and they get the deer in the headlights look .... is that 12C or 54 F LOL... I agree that to simply stop doing the conversions is probably the best way to quit cold turkey but with so many in my immediate area using a mix of both systems its all but impossible. I could easily make the switch but then would have to go through the hassle of still trying to explain things to those that still convert ... if that makes sense. BTW... re your comments on another thread regarding GLG statements.... there were near riots ( well ok just a lot of disgruntled customers) when GLG began showing grain deliveries in tonnes,,,,,, some customers went so far as to threaten to take their business else where if the settlements didn't show bushels.... the customer is always right....... so now the settlements show bushels and tonnes.... makes for a lot of extra info on the settlements and all the clutter can make it confusion until a guy learns how to read them.

edit... forgot to add when using gallons for spraying... we use US gallons ... confused yet? LOL

Edited by Thud 7/21/2014 17:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)